4 Acne Fighting Face Mask Recipes
You get the picture. Now, I know you're a loving, committed, and driven HUMAN BEING (emphasis on the human being part). But this stuff happens. Stress, acne, pimples, eating crap – it happens to all of us.
And while the acne and pimples are embarrassing, they're also signals from our bodies that things are out of balance. So take note and then start taking action.
The exciting news is that there are some simple ways that you can deal with the surface of your skin using ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen.
But, please know that these recipes are not long-term solutions. They're on-the-spot, meant-to-be-used-every-once-in-a-while type solutions. If you experience breakouts regularly, you'll want to invest in something that will address the root cause. Look into doing a juice cleanse or a raw food cleanse.
Otherwise, try out these simple face masks, facial toners and face wash recipes that use real food ingredients.
My rule of thumb is if this; If you can't eat it, don't put it on your face! Click here to tweet it out to your followers.
Have fun playing with these recipes!
Strawberry Lemon MaskIngredients
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Mash or blend the all the ingredients together.
- Smooth over face.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Apple Cider Vinegar TonerIngredients
- 1 tbsp raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lukewarm filtered water
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and filtered water together. It's good to start with a 1:1 ratio (50% ACV, 50% water), but you might find you need to dilute the mixture more based on the sensitivity of your skin.
- Take a cotton pad or the corner of a washcloth and dip it into the solution. Spread evenly all over your face.
- Don’t rinse it off, but just let it air dry, then finish with a light layer of coconut oil as moisturizer. The smell can be a bit potent at first, but don’t be dismayed! The smell quickly dissipates.
Baking Soda MaskIngredients
- Lukewarm filtered water
- 1-2 tbsp powdered baking soda
- Put the baking soda in a small bowl.
- Slowly add water until it soaks into the baking soda and forms a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face using small circular motions.
Cranberry Face MaskIngredients
- 3/4 cup cranberries (fresh berries work the best)
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes (red or green)
- 4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 2 tsp oat powder (if you can’t find oat powder, put some raw oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender)
- Puree the cranberries and seedless grapes in a blender.
- Mix in the gelatin, oat powder and lemon juice and blend until it forms a paste. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little water if it's too thick or a bit more oat powder if its too thin.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for an hour so that it will thicken up.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes (unless you want a cold facial, which works well if your skin is puffy or irritated).
- Apply the facial mask and let it soak in for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Well, what do you think? Do you have any go to acne fighting recipes of your own? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!