|Prep time||5 minutes|
These gingered carrots make a great fall side dish. The ginger, cumin and garlic helps promote good digestion while the honey adds just a the right amount of sweetness.
|1||lb||carrots (cut into thin sticks or round slices )|
|2||T||fresh ginger root (peeled and thinly grated (about 2 inches))|
|1 1⁄2||t||ground cumin|
- Preheat your oven at 375 F.
- Peel your carrots and cut them in long think sticks or slice them into circles.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut oil, garlic cloves, ginger root, cumin, honey and sea salt. Coat the carrots with this sauce.
- Spread the carrots in an oven dish or baking sheet, and place them in the oven for about 30 minutes or more, depending on their size. I like when they stay a little firm and crunchy, but it is a matter of taste.
- Sprinkly the basil on the carrots. Serve as a side dish.